FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
300 Big & Bold Barbecue & Grilling Recipes
by Karen Adler & Judith Fertig
This salsa provides a lively texture and color, delicious with grilled chicken, pork or fish.
Makes About 3 Cups
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1½ cups drained canned diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes (or to taste)
- Kosher salt
1. In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Saute garlic for 2 or 3 minutes, or until light golden brown.
2. In a food processor, pulse garlic, cilantro, pumpkin seeds, lime zest and lime juice until - a paste forms. Transfer to a bowl and stir in tomatoes with chiles, olive oil and hot pepper flakes. Season to taste with salt.
3. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours to let flavors blend. If the salsa is too thick, stir in 1 to 2 tbsp water.
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Pumpkin Seed Pesto: Use half the amount of diced tomatoes with chiles and blend all of the ingredients in a food processor.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.