FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Fix-it And Enjoy-it Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Makes about 3 1/2-4 cups
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: 3-4 hours, or overnight
• 1 tsp. chili powder
• 1/4 tsp. garlic granules, or 1 clove garlic
• black pepper to taste
• 1 Tbsp. water
• 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
• 5 Tbsp. corn or vegetable oil
• 1 tsp. sugar
• 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
• 3 ears sweet corn
• 1 bell pepper
• 1 jalapeno pepper, cored, seeded, and minced
• 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
• 1/4 cup (about 3-4) green onions, sliced
• cilantro to taste, optional
1. To make dressing, mix chili powder, garlic, and black pepper with 1 Tbsp. water in a small bowl. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Add lime juice, oil, sugar, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
3. Whisk to combine and set aside.
4. Place husked corn in a large pot of rapidly boiling water and cook 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water and drain.
5. While corn is boiling, roast the bell pepper; then chop.
6. Cut off cooked corn kernels, cutting as deeply as possible without getting cob.
7. Place kernels in a large bowl, along with the chopped roasted bell pepper. Add jalapeno, tomatoes, and onions.
8. Pour the mixed dressing over the salsa and toss gently to combine. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight.
9. Just before serving, toss again, taste, and adjust seasoning to your liking. Add 1/4 tsp. salt and cilantro, if you wish.
10. Serve with white and yellow corn chips.
J.B. Miller, Indianapolis, IN
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.