See FOOD FESTIVALS for October Food & Beverage Festivals
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- Columbus Day Observed (U.S. October 8, 2018 - 2nd Mon) Actual day of Columbus arrival to the Americas was October 12, 1492
- Global Champagne Day (Oct 19, 2018)
[www.champagneday.fr/] (Champagne Trivia)
- [Hagfish Day] (Oct 17, 2018) Jawless, boneless, and scaleless, Hagfish ooze slime to smother their prey and evade predators.
- International Archaeology Day (Oct 20, 2018 - 3rd Saturday) [Archaeological Inst. of America]
- National Country Inn, Bed & Breakfast Day (October 7, 2018 1st Sunday)
- National Kale Day (Oct 3, 2018) (Kale Trivia)
- World Egg Day (Oct 12, 2018 - 2nd Friday in Oct) [Int’l Egg Commission] (Egg Trivia & Facts)
- Canada: Thanksgiving Day (Oct 8, 2018 - 2nd Monday) (Canadian Thanksgiving Trivia)
- EU: Daylight Saving Time ends (Oct 28, 2018 - last Sunday in March to last Sunday in October)
- Germany: Erntedankfest Potato Harvest Festival (Oct 7, 2018 - 1st Sunday in October)
- UK: Fungus Day (Oct 6, 2018)
[British Mycological Society] (Fungus Trivia)
- Health Care Food Service Workers Week (October 7-13, 2018) [Assoc. for Healthcare Foodservice]
- National School Lunch Week (Oct 15-19, 2018)
[School Nutrition Association]
- UK: British Egg Week (Oct 8-14, 2018)
[British Egg Information Service]
Get Cracking for British Egg Week 2018.
- UK: [British Food Fortnight] (Sept 22 - Oct 7, 2018)
- UK: [British Sausage Week] (Oct 29-Nov 4, 2018)
(Tips for Making Sausage at Home)
- UK: [National Curry Week] (Oct 22-28, 2018) Celebrate over 200 years of Indian restaurants in the UK.
- UK: National Honey Week (Oct 22-28, 2018)
[British Beekeepers Assoc] (Honey Trivia)
- UK: [National Seafood Week] (Oct 5-12, 2018)
- UK: [Pyrex National Baking Week] (Oct 15-21, 2018) (Baking Articles & Recipes)
- National Bulk Foods Week (Oct 16-22, 2016) No updates since 2016.
- National Chestnut Week (Oct 8-14, 2017) ? No updates for 2018 (Chestnut Trivia & Facts)
- UK: [Bramley Apple Pie Week] (Oct 3-9, 2016)
No update for 2017.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2018 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months