See also: FOOD FESTIVALS for February
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- [Bubble Gum Day] (Feb 1, 2019) (Gum Trivia)
- [Ice Cream for Breakfast Day] (Feb 2, 2019 -1st Sat)
(Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day is Feb 18)
- [National 30 Hour Famine] (Feb 22-23, 2019 and April 26-27, 2019) Students in the U.S. and around the world unite to learn about hunger, raise funds to help the hungry, and then go hungry themselves for 30 hours!
- National Chili Day (Feb 28, 2019 - 4th Thurs)
- National CSA Day (Feb 22, 2019 - last Fri) [Community Supported Agriculture]
- National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend:
[Girl Scouts of America] (Feb 22-24, 2019)
- [Pork Rind Appreciation Day] (Feb 3, 2019 - Super Bowl Sunday)
- Presidents' Day (Washington's Birthday observed - Feb 18, 2019 - 3rd Monday in Feb)
- Super Bowl Sunday (February 3, 2019)
- World Sword Swallower's Day (Feb 23, 2019 - last Sat) [Sword Swallowers Assoc. Int'l]
- UK: British Yorkshire Pudding Day (Feb 3, 2019 - 1st Sunday) Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
- UK: [East Anglia Potato Day] (Feb 9, 2019)
- UK: [National Toast Day] (Feb 28, 2019)
- Scotland: Oatmeal Monday (Feb 11, 2019 - 2nd Mon in Feb: Scottish Universities)
- Fritter Thursday: (See March for 2019)
Iceland: Bursting Day (See March for 2019)
Iceland: Bun Day (See March for 2019)
IHOP National Pancake (See March for 2019)
International Pancake Day (See March for 2019)
National Tartar Sauce Day (See March for 2019)
Paczki Day (See March for 2019)
Shrove Tuesday (See March for 2019)
- [African Heritage & Health Week] (Feb 1-7) (commemorates the foods, flavors and healthy cooking techniques that were core to the wellbeing of African ancestors from Africa, South America, the Caribbean, and the American South.)
- Jell-O Week (Feb 10-16, 2019 2nd full week in Feb) in 2001 Jell-O was declared Official State Snack of Utah and Utah Governor Michael O. Leavitt declared an annual "Jell-O Week." (Jello Trivia)
- [National Eating Disorders Awareness Week] (Feb 25-March 3, 2019)
- National FFA Week: Feb 16-23, 2019 [Future Farmers of America] Week of Washington's Birthday, from Saturday to Saturday encompassing February 22
- [National Invasive Species Awareness Week] (Feb 25-March 3, 2019) Raise awareness and identify solutions to invasive species issues at local, state, tribal, regional, international and national levels.
- Pancake Week (March 4-10, 2019 - Week of Shrove Tuesday - can be Feb or March)
- UK: [Fairtrade Fortnight] (Feb 25-March 10, 2019) Celebrate the people who grow our food, people who live in some of the poorest countries in the world and who are often exploited and badly paid.
- UK: [Real Bread Week] (Feb 23-March 3, 2019) A celebration of additive-free loaves and the people who make them.
- Carnival celebrations in various countries and cities around the world.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2019 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months