See also: FOOD FESTIVALS for February
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- Bubble Gum Day (Feb 2, 2018 - 1st Friday)
- Fritter Thursday: (Feb 15, 2018 -Thurs after Shrove Tuesday - can be Feb or March)
- Ice Cream for Breakfast Day (Feb 3, 2018 -1st Sat)
(Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day is Feb 18)
- International Pancake Day - (Feb 13, 2018 - Annually on Shrove Tuesday - Feb or March)
[Day of the International Pancake Race]
- IHOP Restaurant's National Pancake Day: Feb 27, 2018 - Free Stack of Pancakes (Charity Fundraising Event)
- National 30 Hour Famine (Feb 23-24, 2018 and April 27-28, 2018) Students in the U.S. and around the world unite to learn about hunger, raise funds to help the hungry, and then go hungry themselves for 30 hours!
- National Chili Day (Feb 22, 2018 - 4th Thurs)
- National CSA Day (Feb 23, 2018 - last Fri) [Community Supported Agriculture]
- National Girl Scout Cookie Weekend:
[Girl Scouts of America] (Feb 23-25, 2018)
- National Tartar Sauce Day (Feb 16, 2018 - 1st Fri of Lent) [Frisch's Big Boy Restaurants]
- Paczki Day (Shrove Tuesday - Feb 13, 2018 - can be Feb or March) A day to enjoy these rich, sugar coated Polish pre-lenten pastries
- Pork Rind Appreciation Day (Feb 4, 2018 - Super Bowl Sunday)
- Presidents' Day (Washington's Birthday observed - Feb 19, 2018 - 3rd Monday in Feb)
- Shrove Tuesday (Feb 13, 2018 - February or March)
- World Sword Swallower's Day (Feb 24, 2018 - last Sat) [Sword Swallowers Assoc. Int'l]
- Iceland: Bursting Day (Feb 13, 2018 - On Shrove Tuesday - can be Feb or March) Feast on mutton and pea soup.
- Iceland: Bun Day (Feb 12, 2018 - Mon before Shrove Tuesday - can be Feb or Mar) Children invade homes in the morning with colorful sticks and recieve gifts of whipped cream buns.
- UK: British Yorkshire Pudding Day (Feb 4, 2018 - 1st Sunday)
- UK: East Anglia Potato Day (Feb 10, 2018)
- UK: National Toast Day (Feb 22, 2018)
- UK: Welsh Potato Day (Feb 2, 2018)
- Scotland: Oatmeal Monday (Feb 12, 2018 - 2nd Mon in Feb: Scottish Universities)
- African Heritage & Health Week (Feb 1-7) (commemorates the foods, flavors and healthy cooking techniques that were core to the wellbeing of African ancestors from Africa, South America, the Caribbean, and the American South.)
- Jell-O Week (Feb 11-17, 2018 2nd full week in Feb) in 2001 Jell-O was declared Official State Snack of Utah and Utah Governor Michael O. Leavitt declared an annual "Jell-O Week." (Jello Trivia)
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week (Feb 26-March 4, 2018)
- National FFA Week: Feb 17-24, 2018 [Future Farmers of America] Week of Washington's Birthday, from Saturday to Saturday encompassing February 22
- Pancake Week (Feb 12-18, 2018 - Week of Shrove Tuesday - can be Feb or March)
- UK: Bramley Apple Week (Feb 6-12, 2017)
- Carnival celebrations in various countries and cities around the world.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20
21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2018 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months