See FOOD FESTIVALS for August Food & Beverage Festivals
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- [Can-It-Forward Day] (Aug 5, 2017) Celebrate and share the joys of canning.
- [Farmerworker Appreciation Day] (Aug 5, 2018)
- India Pale Ale Day - IPA Day (Aug 2, 2018 - 1st Thurs in Aug)Beer enthusiasts, breweries and bars around the world celebrate IPA Day, a toast to one of craft beer’s most iconic styles: the India Pale Ale.
- International Bacon Day (Sept 1, 2018 - Sat before Labor Day - can be in August or September)
- International Beer Day (August 3, 2018 - 1st Fri)
- Mead Day (Aug 4, 2018) Mead, perhaps the oldest fermented beverage, is made by combining honey, water, and yeast, and is often referred to as honey wine [American Homebrewers Assn].
- [National Honey Bee Day] (August 18, 2018)
[U.S. Dept of Agriculture Proclamation]
- [National Mustard Day & Festival] (Aug 4, 2018 - 1st Sat)
(Mustard Trivia & Facts --- Mustard Recipes)
- New England Apple Day (Aug 29, 2018 - Wed. before Labor Day) [N.E. Apple Assoc]
- World Kitchen Garden Day (Aug 26, 2018 - 4th Sun in Aug) An opportunity for people around the world to gather in their gardens with friends, family, and members of their local community to celebrate the multiple pleasures and benefits of home-grown, hand-made foods.
- Australia (NT): [Picnic Day] (Aug 6, 2018: 1st Mon)
- Australia: [Cupcake Day for the RSPCA] (Aug 20, 2018)
- Spain: ['La Tomatina' Tomato Fight] (Aug 29, 2018 - last Wed) Bunol, Valencia, Spain. 30,000 people throw 240,000 pounds of tomatoes at each other
- Sweden: Kräftskiva, Traditional Swedish Crayfish Parties (various dates)
- Sweden: Surströmingspremiären, Sour Herring Premiere (Aug 16, 2018 - 3rd Thursday) By ordinance, the year's supply of sour herring may begin to be sold.
- More than 800 Food Festivals, including Apple, BBQ & Rib; Blueberry, Corn, Mint, Peach, Watermelon, Zucchini, Lobster, Oyster & Wine Festivals
WEEKS (with variable dates)
- Air Conditioning Appreciation Week ?
- [National Farmers Market Week] (Aug 5-11, 2018 1st full week in August) USDA
- [World Water Week] (Aug 26-31, 2018 - annual Aug/Sept) World Water Week is organised by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) and takes place in Stockholm, Sweden. It has been the annual focal point for the globe’s water issues since 1991.
- OLD - National Apple Week (Since 1996, now National Apple Month in October)
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2019 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months