See FOOD FESTIVALS for May
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- Fintastic Friday: Giving Sharks a Voice (May 10, 2019 - 2nd Fri) [Whale Times & Shark Research Institute]
- Lemonade Day (May 5, 2019 - 1st Sun) To empower today’s youth to become tomorrow’s entrepreneurs through helping them start, own and operate their very own business…a lemonade stand. (date may vary by location). [http://lemonadeday.org/ ]
- [Letter Carriers’ Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive]
(May 11, 2019) Since 1993, on the 2nd Saturday in May letter carriers across the nation collect nonperishable food items left by mailboxes.
- Memorial Day (last Mon - May 27, 2019) Pay tribute to the U.S. men and women who died during military service. Please observe a minute of silence at 3:00 p.m., local time
- Mother’s Day (May 12, 2019 - 2nd Sunday in May)
- National Aperitif Day: May 16, 2019 - 3rd Thursday (declared annually in press release by [Maison Lillet], the celebrated vintner in Bordeaux)
- National Herb Day (May 4, 2019 - 1st Sat in May)
[Herb Day Coalition]
- AHA Big Brew Day (Homebrew Day) May 4, 2019 - 1st Saturday in May. [American Homebrewers Association] (see also May 7)
- National Pizza Party Day (May 17, 2019 - 3rd Fri)
- National Public Gardens Day (May 10, 2019 - Fri before Mother’s Day) [American Public Gardens Assn]
- School Lunch Hero Day (May 3, 2019)
[School Nutrition Association] The day aims to showcase the ways in which school nutrition professionals make a difference for every child who comes through the cafeteria.
- World Fair Trade Day (May 11, 2019 - 2nd Sat in May) [World Fair Trade Organization, WFTO] a day to promote Fair Trade as a tangible contribution to the fight against poverty, climate change and the economic crisis that has the greatest impact on the world’s most vulnerable populations.
- World Whisky Day (May 18, 2019 - 3rd Sat)
[Hot Rum Cow magazine, UK]
- Netherlands: [National Mill Day] (May 11-12, 2019 - 2nd Sat) On this day 950 windmills and watermills open their doors to visitors.
- American Craft Beer Week (May 13-19, 2019) [Brewers Association]
- [Food Allergy Awareness Week] (May 12-18, 2019)
- National Public Gardens Week (May 13-19, 2019) [American Public Gardens Assn]
- [National Women’s Health Week] (May 12-18, 2019) begins on Mother’s Day
- Stewardship Week - April 28-May 5, 2019 (last Sun in April to 1st Sun in May) [Nat’l Assoc. of Conservation Districts] To encourage conserving natural resources for our future. 2019 Theme is 'Life in the Soil: Dig Deeper.'
- World Trade Week (May 20-24, 2019) - In 1935, President Franklin D. Roosevelt proclaimed World Trade Week as the third week of May in national observance of the importance of international trade to the U.S. (specific dates may vary).
(New York --- California --- Miami)
- Ireland: National Herb Week (May 19-25, 2019) An annual event in Ireland celebrating herbs and herbal medicine. [Irish Register of Herbalists]
- UK: British Sandwich Week (May 19-25, 2019)
[The British Sandwich Association]
- UK: British Tomato Fortnight (formerly Tomato Week) May 20-June 2, 2019
[British Tomato Growers’ Association]
- UK: [Coffee Week] (April 29 - May 5, 2019 - Can be in April or May). The nation’s largest celebration of coffee, all for a good cause.
- UK: English Wine Week (May 25-June 2, 2019) [Wines of Great Britain]
- UK: National BBQ Week (May 27-June 2, 2019)
- UK: National Gardening Week: April 29-May 5, 2019 [Royal Horticultural Society] Encouraging gardners to share their love of gardening.
- UK: [National Doughnut Week] (May 11-18, 2019) participating bakers across the UK will be helping to raise money for The Children's Trust by donating money for every doughnut they sell.
- UK: National Vegetarian Week (May 13-19, 2019) [The Vegetarian Society]
- May is a popular month for Food & Wine Festivals
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2019 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months