See FOOD FESTIVALS for May
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- Fintastic Friday: Giving Sharks a Voice (May 11, 2018 - 2nd Fri) [Whale Times & Shark Research Institute]
- Lemonade Day (May 6, 2018 - 1st Sun) To empower today’s youth to become tomorrow’s entrepreneurs through helping them start, own and operate their very own business…a lemonade stand [http://lemonadeday.org/ ]
- [Letter Carriers’ Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive]
(May 12, 2018) Since 1993, on the 2nd Saturday in May letter carriers across the nation collect nonperishable food items left by mailboxes.
- Memorial Day (last Mon - May 28, 2018) Pay tribute to the U.S. men and women who died during military service. Please observe a minute of silence at 3:00 p.m., local time
- Mother’s Day (May 13, 2018 - 2nd Sunday in May)
- National Aperitif Day: May 17, 2018 - 3rd Thursday (declared annually in press release by [Maison Lillet], the celebrated vintner in Bordeaux)
- National Herb Day (May 5, 2018 - 1st Sat in May)
[Herb Day Coalition]
- National Home Brew Day (May 5, 2018 - 1st Sat. in May) [American Homebrewers Association]
- National Pizza Party Day (May 18, 2018 - 3rd Fri)
- School Lunch Hero Day (May 4, 2018)
[School Nutrition Association] The day aims to showcase the ways in which school nutrition professionals make a difference for every child who comes through the cafeteria.
- [World Fair Trade Day] (May 12, 2018 - 2nd Sat in May) World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO) a day to promote Fair Trade as a tangible contribution to the fight against poverty, climate change and the economic crisis that has the greatest impact on the world’s most vulnerable populations.
- World Whisky Day (May 19, 2018 - 3rd Sat)
[Hot Rum Cow magazine, UK]
- Netherlands: [National Mill Day] (May 12-13, 2018 - 2nd Sat) On this day 950 windmills and watermills open their doors to visitors.
- American Craft Beer Week (May 14-20, 2018) [Brewers Association]
- Food Allergy Awareness Week (May 13-19, 2018)
- [International Pickle Week] (May 20-30, 2016 - 10 days in last 2 weeks of May). Observed for more than 50 years, it is one of the longest running food promotions.
- National Emu Week (May 5-13, 2018 - 1st Sat thru 2nd Sun) [Wisconsin Emu Association]
- National Herb Week (May 7-13, 2018 - week before Mother’s Day) International Herb Association [www.iherb.org/ ]
- National Raisin Week (May 6-12, 2018 - 1st week in May) Origin uncertain.
- [National Women’s Health Week] (May 13-19, 2018) begins on Mother’s Day
- School Nutrition Employee Week (May 7-11, 2018) [schoolnutrition.org]
- Stewardship & Education Week - April 29-May 6, 2018 (last Sun in April to 1st Sun in May) [Nat’l Assoc. of Conservation Districts] To encourage conserving natural resources for our future. 2018 Theme is 'Watersheds: Our Water, Our Home.'
- World Trade Week (May 20-26, 2018) Every year, the President of the United States declares the third full week of May as World Trade Week.
- UK: British Sandwich Week (May 20-26, 2018)
[The British Sandwich Association]
- UK: British Tomato Week (May 21-27, 2018 - 3rd week) [British Tomato Growers’ Association]
- UK: English Wine Week (May 26-June 3, 2018)
[English Wine Producers]
- UK: National BBQ Week (May 28-June 3, 2018)
- UK: National Gardening Week: April 30-May 6, 2018 [Royal Horticultural Society] Encouraging gardners to share their love of gardening.
- UK: [National Doughnut Week] (May 12-19, 2018) participating bakers across the UK will be helping to raise money for The Children's Trust by donating money for every doughnut they sell.
- UK: National Vegetarian Week (May 14-20, 2018) [The Vegetarian Society]
- May is a popular month for Food & Wine Festivals
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2019 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months