See also FOOD FESTIVALS for March
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- First Day of Spring: Vernal Equinox (March 20, 2019 - can be March 20 or 21)
- U.S., Canada & Mexico Daylight Saving Time begins 2nd Sunday in March and ends 1st Sunday in November (2019 March 10 to November 3)
- EU Daylight Saving Time begins on the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday of October (2019: March 31 to Oct 27)
- [American Diabetes Association Alert Day] (4th Tues - March 26, 2019)
- Easter Sunday in 2019 is April 21 (can be March or April)
- Fritter Thursday: March 7, 2019 (Thurs after Shrove Tuesday - can be Feb or March)
Apple Fritter Recipe Video
- [Great American Meatout] - (March 20, 2019 - 1st day of Spring) Eat Vegan for a Day
- [IHOP Restaurant's National Pancake Day] March 12, 2019 - Free Stack of Pancakes (Annual Charity Fundraising Event - can be Feb or March)
- International Pancake Day (Shrove Tuesday; March 5, 2019 - Can be Feb or March) [Day of the [International Pancake Race], Liberal, Kansas]
- [International School Meals Day] (March 14, 2019)
- National ‘Ag’ Day (March 14, 2019)
[Agricultural Council of America]
- National Corn Dog Day (March 16, 2019) 1st Sat of the collegiate basketball tournament
- National Tartar Sauce Day (March 8, 2019 - 1st Fri of Lent) [Frisch's Big Boy Restaurants]
- Paczki Day (Shrove Tuesday - March 5, 2019 - can be Feb or March). A day to enjoy these rich, sugar coated Polish pre-lenten pastries
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day (March 13, 2019) [Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics]
- Shrove Tuesday (March 5, 2019 - can be Feb or March) Also known as Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras Day. Tomorrow is Ash Wednesday, beginning 6 weeks of fasting for Christians, leading up to Easter.
- Whole Grain Sampling Day (March 27, 2019)
[Whole Grains Council]
- World Kidney Day (March 14, 2019 - 2nd Thurs) [WorldKidneyDay.org]
- Iceland: Bun Day (March 4, 2019 - Mon before Shrove Tuesday) Children invade homes in the morning with colorful sticks and receive gifts of whipped cream buns.
- Iceland: Bursting Day (March 5, 2019) Feast on mutton and pea soup.
- American Chocolate Week ( March 17-23, 2019 - 3rd week) [American Confectioners Association]
- Ag Appreciation Week: March 17-24, 2019 [Community Agriculture Alliance] A time to recognize and celebrate the importance of agriculture.
- Egg Salad Week in 2019 is April 22-28 (week after Easter, March or April) [American Egg Board]
Dedicated to the many delicious uses for all of the Easter eggs that have been cooked, colored, hidden and found.
- Groundwater Awareness Week (March 10-16, 2019) [National Ground Water Association]
- National ‘Ag’ Week: March 10-16, 2019 [Agriculture Council of America] A time to recognize and celebrate the importance of agriculture.
- [National Eating Disorders Awareness Week] (Feb 25-March 3, 2019)
- [National Invasive Species Awareness Week] (Feb 25-March 3, 2019) Raise awareness and identify solutions to invasive species issues at local, state, tribal, regional, international and national levels
- [National Poison Prevention Week] (March 17-23, 2019 - 3rd wk March) Established by Congress on September 16, 1961 [PL 87-319]
- National School Breakfast Week (March 4-8, 2019 - 1st full week in March) [School Nutrition Assoc.]
- Pancake Week (March 4-10, 2019 - Week of Shrove Tuesday - can be Feb or March)
· Pancake Recipes · Cooking Tips · Facts & Trivia
- UK: [British Pie Week] (March 4-10, 2019)
- UK: [Fairtrade Fortnight] (Feb 25-March 10, 2019) Celebrate the people who grow our food, people who live in some of the poorest countries in the world and who are often exploited and badly paid
- UK: [Real Bread Week] (Feb 23-March 3, 2019) A celebration of additive-free loaves and the people who make them.
- UK: [SPAM Appreciation Week] (March 5-11, 2018)
- World Salt Awareness Week March 4-10, 2019)
[World Action on Salt & Health] [On March 12, 1930 Mahatma Gandhi began his march to the coastal village of Dandi, to protest the British salt monopoly.
(Salt Facts and Trivia · Salt Kitchen Tips)
(Articles: Salt of the Earth 1 · Salt of the Earth 2)
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2019 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months