See also FOOD FESTIVALS for March
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- First Day of Spring: Vernal Equinox (March 20, 2018 - can be March 20 or 21)
- U.S., Canada & Mexico Daylight Saving Time begins 2nd Sunday in March and ends 1st Sunday in November (2018 March 11 to November 4)
- EU Daylight Saving Time begins on the last Sunday in March and ends the last Sunday of October (2017: March 25 to Oct 28)
- [American Diabetes Association Alert Day] (4th Tues - March 27, 2018)
- Celebration of School Nutrition Heroes (March 5, 2018) [School Nutrition Association] Annual event that recognizes the extraordinary men and women in the school nutrition profession who make a difference in the lives of school children and go beyond their daily responsibilities in making a significant contribution to their communities.
- Easter Sunday in 2018 is April 1 (can be March or April)
- Fritter Thursday 2018: February 15 (Thurs after Shrove Tuesday - can be Feb or March)
- [Great American Meatout] - (March 20, 2018 - 1st day of Spring) Eat Vegan for a Day
- [International School Meals Day] (March 15, 2018)
- National ‘Ag’ Day (March 20, 2018)
[Agricultural Council of America]
- National Corn Dog Day (March 17, 2018) 1st Sat of the collegiate basketball tournament
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day (March 14, 2018) [Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics]
- Whole Grain Sampling Day (March 28, 2018)
[Whole Grains Council]
- World Kidney Day (March 8, 2018 - 2nd Thurs) [WorldKidneyDay.org]
- American Chocolate Week ( March 18-24, 2018 - 3rd week) [American Confectioners Association]
- Ag Appreciation Week: March 18-24, 2018 [Community Agriculture Alliance] - (also National Ag Week)
- Egg Salad Week in 2018 is April 2-8 (week after Easter, March or April) [American Egg Board]
Dedicated to the many delicious uses for all of the Easter eggs that have been cooked, colored, hidden and found.
- National ‘Ag’ Week: March 18-24, 2018 [Agriculture Council of America] A time to recognize and celebrate the importance of agriculture.
- [National Eating Disorders Awareness Week] (Feb 26-March 4, 2018)
- National Poison Prevention Week (March 19-25, 2017 - 3rd wk March) [www.poisonprevention.org/] - Established by Congress on September 16, 1961 [PL 87-319]
- National School Breakfast Week (March 5-9, 2018 - 1st full week in March) [School Nutrition Assoc.]
- UK: [SPAM Appreciation Week] (March 5-11, 2018)
- World Salt Awareness Week March 12-18, 2018)
[World Action on Salt & Health] [On March 12, 1930 Mahatma Gandhi began his march to the coastal village of Dandi, to protest the British salt monopoly.
(Salt Facts and Trivia · Salt Kitchen Tips)
(Articles: Salt of the Earth 1 · Salt of the Earth 2)
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2018 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months