See FOOD FESTIVALS for September Food Festivals
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- First Day of Autumn (Autumnal Equinox: Sept 22, 2018)
- Buffalo Round-Up (Sept 26-28, 2018)
[Custer State Park, South Dakota]
- Family Day: Spend time with your kids! (Sept 24, 2018) [www.casafamilyday.org/ ]
- International Bacon Day (Sept 1, 2018 - Sat before Labor Day - can be in August or September)
- International Grenache Day (September 21, 2018 - 3rd Friday) [Grenache Association] The Grenache Grape is one of the most widely planted red wine grapes in the world, it is often used in blends.
- Labor Day (Sept 3, 2018 - 1st Mon in Sept)
- National Alpaca Farm Days (Sept 29-30, 2018) [Alpaca Owners Association]
- National Bakery Day (Sept 14, 2018)
[Retail Bakers of America]
- [National Hunting & Fishing Day] (Sept 22, 2018 - 4th Sat) [Presidential proclamation, 1972]
- New England Apple Day (Aug 29, 2018 - Wed. before Labor Day - Aug or Sept [N.E. Apple Assoc]
- UK: World's Biggest Coffee Morning (Sept 28, 2018) [Macmillan Cancer Support]
- World School Milk Day (Sept 26, 2018 - last Wed in Sept) [U.N. Food & Agriculture Org.]
- More than 1000 Food Festivals in September
WEEKS (with variable dates)
- Biscuits & Gravy Week (Sept 2-8, 2018 - 2nd week in Sept) Biscuits & Gravy Article with Recipe
- International Housekeepers Week (Sept 9-15, 2018 - 2nd full week) [International Executive Housekeepers Association]
- National Farm Safety & Health Week (Sept 16-22, 2018) [Nat'l Education Ctr for Agricultural Safety]
- National Waffle Week (Sept 2-8, 2018 -1st week)
- [World Water Week] (Aug 26-31, 2018 can be Aug or Sept) World Water Week is organised by the Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) and takes place in Stockholm, Sweden. It has been the annual focal point for the globe’s water issues since 1991.
- Canada: [National Organic Week] (Sept 8-16, 2018) The largest annual celebration of organic food, farming and products across Canada.
- [Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight] (Sept 1-16, 2018) A nationwide event which supports and promotes Scotland’s produce, and the people who grow, make, cook and sell it.
- UK: [National Cupcake Week] (Sept 17-23, 2018)
- UK: Red Squirrel Week (Sept 24-30, 2018) Once common, Red Squirrels are now only found in certain areas of the UK, which is why The Wildlife Trusts are working to protect them.
(The Wildlife Trusts)
- UK: [Zero Waste Week] (Sept 3-7, 2018)
- UK: [British Food Fortnight] (Sept 22 - Oct 7, 2018)
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2018 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months