See FOOD FESTIVALS for November Food Festivals
WEEKS AND VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- U.S., Canada & Mexico Daylight Saving Time ends (March 11 - November 4, 2018 - 2nd Sunday in March to 1st Sunday in November)
- U.S. Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday - Nov 22, 2018) (Thanksgiving Trivia & Facts)
- International Tempranillo Day (Nov 8, 2018; 2nd Thurs) A black grape variety native to Spain and used in the great Rioja and Ribera del Duero wines, it is now the 3rd most widely planted wine grape variety worldwide. [Tampranillo Society]
- Learn to Homebrew Day (Nov 3, 2018) [American Homebrewers Association] (AHA) Learn to Homebrew Day was established to encourage people to homebrew.
- Maize Day (Nov 23, 2018 - Day after Thanksgiving)
- National Bison Day (Nov 3, 2018, 1st Sat)
[Senate Resolution passed Oct 28, 2015]
- [National Men Make Dinner Day] (1st Thurs - Nov 1, 2018)
- France: Beaujolais Nouveau wine released (3rd Thurs - Nov 15, 2018)
- Switzerland: [Zibelemarit - Bern Onion Market] (Nov 26, 2018 - 4th Monday) A traditional folk festival held on the fourth Monday of every November. Farmers from the surrounding area bring over 50 tons of onions – artistically woven into braids – to the federal capital, along with garlic.
- National Family Week (Nov 18-24, 2018 - Thanksgiving Week) Organizations have promoted National Family Week for more than 40 years. National Family Week is an annual celebration observed during the week of Thanksgiving, designed to build community connections and honor those who strengthen families.
- National Fig Week (Nov 1-7, 2018)
(Fig Trivia & Facts)
- National Hunger & Homeless Awareness Week (Nov 10-18, 2018 - week before Thanksgiving) [National Coalition for the Homeless] A time to share our compassion with our neighbors who are experiencing homelessness.
- • National Split Pea Soup Week: Celebrated in the U.S. since 1969 (Nov 11-17, 2018 - 2nd week in Nov) [Northern Pulse Growers Assn]
(Pea Soup Recipes)
- World Fair Trade Week (Nov 8-15, 2017) A biennial event in odd years, initiated by the [World Fair Trade Organization]
- Australia: [Recycling Week] (Nov 12-18, 2018)
- • UK: [British Sausage Week] (Oct 29-Nov 4, 2018)
(Tips for Making Sausage at Home)
- UK: [National School Meals Week] (Nov 12-16, 2018)
- UK: National Tree Week (Nov 24-Dec 2, 2018)
- UK: National Eating In/Out Week has been renamed to International Dining Week and moved to April 18-24, 2016)
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2019 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months