See also FOOD FESTIVALS for April
VARIABLE DATE EVENTS
- Banana Day, [Westchester University]
(April 18, 2018 - 3rd Wed in April)
- Easter Sunday in 2019 is April 21 (can be March or April)
- International Raw Milk Cheese Appreciation Day (April 21, 2018) An international celebration of raw-milk cheese and the individuals who bring it to life from the pasture to the plate. [Oldways Cheese Coalition]
- National Arbor Day [Arbor Day Foundation]
(April 27, 2018 - last Friday in April - many states observe different dates according to best local tree planting times)
- [National 30 Hour Famine] (Feb 23-24, 2018 and April 27-28, 2018) Students in the U.S. and around the world unite to learn about hunger, raise funds to help the hungry, and then go hungry themselves for 30 hours!
- National Burrito Day (? April 5, 2018 - 1st Thurs)
- National English Muffin Day (April 23, 2017)
[Thomas’ English Muffins]
- [Bermuda Peppercorn Ceremony] (April 23, 2018, but usually held on the Wednesday closest to St. George’s Day, April 23). A major annual ceremonial event in St. George, when the Governor officially receives one Peppercorn from a Freemason official. In 1816 Bermuda's capital moved from St. George to Hamilton City. The old stone State House, built in 1619, was given to the Freemasons for an annual rent of One Peppercorn.
- World Fish Migration Day (April 21, 2018) To create awareness of the importance of open rivers and migratory fish.
- Egg Salad Week in 2018 is April 2-8 (week after Easter, March or April) Dedicated to the many delicious uses for all of the Easter eggs that have been cooked, colored, hidden and found.
- National Library Week (April 8-14, 2018)
[American Library Association]
- National Public Health Week: April 2-8, 2018 (1st full week in April) [American Public Health Assoc.]
- National Procrastination Week was last month
- Stewardship & Education Week - April 29-May 6, 2018 (last Sun in April to 1st Sun in May) [Nat’l Assoc. of Conservation Districts] To encourage conserving natural resources for our future. 2018 Theme is 'Watersheds: Our Water, Our Home.'
- [UK Coffee Week] (April 16-22, 2018 - can be April or May)
- UK: National Gardening Week: April 30-May 6, 2018 [Royal Horticultural Society] Encouraging gardners to share their love of gardening.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21
22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2019 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.
and COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training - Over 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online & Worldwide
FREE Magazines and Publications
An extensive selection of free magazines and other publications for qualified professionals
FoodReference.com (since 1999)
FOOD CALENDAR SECTION: Today in Food History, Timeline & Food Holidays: National Food Days, Weeks & Months