APRIL 25 - Today in Food History
- National Zucchini Bread Day
- St. Mark's Day, patron of cattle breeders.
- This is the latest date that Easter Sunday can occur
- UK Coffee Week (April 22-28, 2013)
On this day in:
1856 Charles Luttwedge Dodgson met a little girl named Alice Liddell. Alice had a penchant for consuming unknown (and apparently psychoactive) food, pills and liquids that she found while exploring a very large rabbit hole.*
1932 Meadowlark Lemon, basketball star, was born.
1945 Stu Cook of the music group 'Creedence Clearwater Revival' was born.
1959 The St. Lawrence Seaway opened. It connects the Great Lakes with the Atlantic Ocean. Its completion opened the heart of Americas industrial and agricultural areas to ocean going vessels for shipping. (The official opening ceremony is June 26)
* You might know the two people better by their pen and fictional names, Lewis Carroll and Alice in Wonderland.