FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
A Canned Food Week UK recipe. There are some delicious, yet healthy recipes using canned food and the Chicken & White Bean Salad, which has been newly created by celebrity chef and Canned Food UK ambassador James Martin, is no exception. This contains canned haricot beans, which are good sources of fibre, key to promoting good digestion, as well as chicken breast, rocket salad and cherry tomatoes.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
· 400g can haricot beans, rinsed and drained
· 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
· 1 Tbsp wholegrain mustard
· Zest and juice of a lemon
· 70g bag rocket
· 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced
· 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
• Place haricot beans in a bowl.
• Whisk the oil with the mustard and lemon zest and juice and season.
• Drizzle half of the dressing over the beans. Gently toss to coat.
• Divide the rocket between two serving dishes and then scatter with the beans.
• Add chicken and tomatoes and then drizzle over remaining dressing.
Hints and tips:
Serve with warmed bread to mop up the juices.
Nutrition information (per serving):
· Calories: 501
· Protein: 40g
· Carbs: 24.0g
· Sugars: 4.0g
· Fat: 28.0g
· Sat Fat: 4.0g
· Fibre: 9.0g
· Sodium: 249mg
Canned Food UK will be running the 2nd Canned Food Week April 14-20, 2014. (www.cannedfood.co.uk/cannedfoodweek)
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.