APPLE-WALNUT GREENS WITH CHICKEN DRIED PLUMS & SPICED PECANS
Prep Time: 15 minutes
• 1 cup pecan halves
• 1 tablespoon each vegetable oil and packed brown sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon each ground red pepper and ground cumin
• 8 cups (about 8 ounces) mixed salad greens
• 1 package (6 ounces) fully-cooked grilled chicken strips
• 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) green beans, blanched
• 1 cup (about 6 ounces) coarsely chopped dried plums
• 1/2 cup Apple Walnut Vinaigrette (recipe follows) or prepared red wine vinaigrette
• 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
Heat oven to 300ºF.
In medium bowl, combine all ingredients; toss to coat.
Bake, in even layer on baking sheet, 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally; set aside.
In large bowl, combine mixed greens, chicken, green beans, dried plums and Spiced Pecans.
Drizzle with Apple Walnut Vinaigrette; toss to coat.
Sprinkle with goat cheese; serve immediately.
APPLE WALNUT VINAIGRETTE:
In blender, process 1/2 of a peeled, cored and cut-up Granny Smith apple, 1 peeled shallot, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and 1 teaspoon sugar until smooth.
With motor running, slowly add 2/3 cup vegetable oil and 1/3 cup walnut oil until creamy.
Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Store, covered, in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- To blanch green beans, cook in salted boiling water just until crisp-tender. Drain; immediately drop into ice water to cool. Drain.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
% of Calories from Fat 66%
California Dried Plum Board - www.californiadriedplums.org
Recipe created by Gale Gand.