PACKETS, WISCONSIN POTATOES & GARDEN VEGETABLE
Add a bit of minced garlic for a more robust flavor. Or make smaller, individual packets and tuck in 3 ounces of sliced chicken breast to cook with the veggies—when the chicken registers 140°F on a cooking thermometer, dinner’s done!
Yield: 4 to 6 side dish servings
• ¼ cup Butter or margarine, melted
• 2 tsp. Snipped fresh basil, thyme, or rosemary OR ½ tsp. dried herbs, crushed
• 4 cups Wisconsin baby red potato halves, such as Red Norland or Baby Yukon Gold
• 1 medium Sweet red pepper, cut into ½-inch strips
• 1 medium Zucchini, cut into ½-inch slices
• 1 medium Yellow summer squash, bias-sliced cut into ½-inch slices
• ½ cup Chopped sweet red onion
• To taste Salt, black pepper
• Optional Prepared shredded cheese blends
1) In small bowl, combine melted butter and herbs; set aside
2) In large bowl, toss together all the vegetables.
3) Fold a 36x18-inch piece of heavy-duty foil in half to make an 18-inch square.
4) Place vegetables in center of foil. Drizzle with melted butter-herb mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
5) Bring up opposite edges of foil; seal with a double fold.
6) Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose the vegetables, leaving some room for the steam to build.
7) On uncovered grill over medium coals, grill packet for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (To test for doneness, open one corner very carefully and poke a Wisconsin potato piece with a fork. Re-seal if more cooking time is needed.)
8) Serve immediately, topped with a light sprinkling of shredded cheese, if you desire.
Wisconsin Potato & Vegetable Growers Association