BLACK BEAN AND BUTTERNUT BURRITOS
Fix-it And Enjoy-it Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Makes 8 burritos
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Baking Time: 15-20 minutes
• 1 Tbsp. oil
• 1 small or medium-sized onion, chopped
• 3-4 cups butternut squash, cut into ½" cubes
• 1/2 tsp. cumin
• 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 2 cups cooked, or a 15-oz. can, black beans, drained
• 8 tortillas
• 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
• sour cream
• cilantro, if you wish
1. In a large skillet or saucepan, heat oil. Sauté onions until tender.
2. Add butternut. Cover and cook over medium heat until tender.
3. Add cumin, cinnamon, and salt. Add beans. Cover, and heat through.
4. Put 1/8 of mixture in each tortilla, top with 3 Tbsp. cheese, and roll up. Place seam-side down in a greased 9 x 13 baking pan.
5. Bake uncovered in 350º oven for about 15-20 minutes, until heated through.
6. Serve with sour cream and salsa, and cilantro if you wish.
Tips: Tortillas freeze well with the mixture inside so I often make a double or triple batch. You can also freeze just the filling.
Janelle Myers-Benner, Harrisonburg, VA
Reprinted from Fix-it and Enjoy-it! Cookbook. Copyright by Good Books. Used by permission. All rights reserved.