Makes 8 servings
• 1/4 cup chopped dehydrated sundried tomatoes
• 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
• 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
• 1 1/2 cups grated Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar (6 ounces)
• 1/2 cup pine nuts (pignoli)
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano 8 turkey cutlets, pounded thin Flour for dredging
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 cup fresh or bottled lemon juice
• 1/4 cup white wine
• 2 tablespoons capers
• 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1. Soak sundried tomatoes in 1/2 cup of chicken broth for 10 minutes or until softened. Combine tomatoes and soaking broth in bowl with spinach, cheese, pine nuts and oregano.
2. Lay turkey cutlets on work surface. Place scant 1/2 cup of spinach mixture in center of each cutlet. Roll cutlets tightly up around filling and secure with toothpicks.
3. Place some flour in shallow dish and roll each cutlet in flour until well coated.
4. Set large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add oil and garlic. When oil is hot, add cutlets and cook, turning, until browned on all sides. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
5. Add remaining 1 cup chicken broth, lemon juice, white wine, capers and rosemary to skillet. Increase heat to high and cook until liquid is reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Return cutlets to skillet, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes longer, turning occasionally, or until heated through. Remove toothpicks from cutlets and serve with sauce over barley, brown rice or whole-wheat or spinach linguine.
Calories 220 , Total Fat 12g , Saturated Fat 3g , Sodium 311mg , Carbohydrates 8g , Dietary Fiber 2g , Protein 21g , Calcium 200mg
Second Place Main Course from Maureen Voelkel of Cutchogue, NY
Recipe & photo from Cabot Creamery Cooperative