FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Fast & Fit: 150 Quick & Healthy Everyday Recipes Ready in Just 30 Minutes or Less
by Ellen Haas
Recipe by FoodFit Chef John Ash
Serving size: about 2 tablespoons
Number of servings: 10
• 2 1/4 cups cranberry juice
• 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped sun-dried cranberries or cherries
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tabtespoons fresh orange juice
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or to taste
• 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
• honey to taste
• salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Bring 2 cups of cranberry juice to a boil in a saucepan. Continue to boil over high heat until liquid is reduced by half.
2. In a seperate bowl, soak the sun-dried cranberries in the remaining 1/4 cup of cranberry juice until plump.
3. While juice is reducing, saute the shallot in olive oil until soft but not brown.
4. Puree the cranberry juice reduction and shallot in a blender or food processor until smooth.
5. Place the mixture in a bowl and whisk in the remaining ingredients, including the oil and softened cranberries. The vinaigrette can be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 1 week.
Per Serving: Calories 62; Fat 2 g; Protein 0 g; Sodium 60 mg; Carbohydrate 9 g; Fiber 0 g; Saturated Fat 0 g
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.