FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
• 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
• 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
• 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
• 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 2 cans (14.5 oz each) whole tomatoes, undrained
• 2 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh or
• 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
• 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients, breaking up tomatoes with a fork. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 45 minutes.
3. Use sauce immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks or freeze up to 1 year.
1/2 CUP: CAL 80 (CAL FROM FAT 35), FAT 4g (SAT FAT 1g), CHOL 0mg, SODIUM 660mg, CARBS 12g (FIBER 3g), PRO 2g
% DAILY VALUE: VIT A 16%, VIT C 26%, CALC 4%, IRON 6%
EXCHANGES: 2 VEGETABLE, 1/2 FAT
CARB. CHOICES: 1
SLOW COOKER DIRECTIONS: Use 1 medium onion. Substitute 1 can (28 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained, for the 2 cans whole tomatoes. Use 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce. In 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix all ingredients. Cover and cook on Low heat setting 8 to 10 hours.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.