FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
• 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 cup apple juice
• 1/4 cup raisins
• 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 8 whole cloves (optional)
• 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1. In a small saucepan combine the brown sugar and cornstarch.
2. Stir in apple juice, raisins, cinnamon, and cloves.
3. Cook and stir these ingredients for 10 minutes until thickened.
4. Remove the cloves and discard. Add butter or margarine. Serve hot.
5. Good with hot or cold ham or ham sandwiches.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories from Fat 18
Total Fat 2.1 g
Saturated Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 26 mg
Total Carbohydrate 20 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugar 16 g
Protein 0 g
Vitamin A 18 RE
Vitamin C 0 mg
Calcium 15 mg
Iron .5 mg
USDA, Food & Nutrition Service
Recipe provided by Joy of Cooking
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.