FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Shinin' Times at The Fort
by Holly Arnold Kinney
makes about 1½ cups
• 1 fresh jalapeno chile
• 3/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
• 1/4 cup buttermilk
• 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
• 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
• 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
• 1½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
• 1 large clove garlic, peeled and minced
• 1/8 teaspoon dried dill seed (optional)
• 3 to 6 drops hot sauce, to taste (optional)
• 3 to 6 drops Worcestershire sauce, to taste
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Seed and dice the jalapeno.
In a blender or food processor, combine the diced jalapeno, mayonnaise, sour cream, buttermilk, bell pepper, green onion, parsley, basil, cilantro, thyme, garlic, and dill seed, if using.
Pulse on and off until the dressing is well blended and almost smooth.
Taste and season with the hot sauce, if using, Worcestershire, salt and pepper, and lime juice.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.