FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
The Sonoma Diet by Connie Guttersen
Start To Finish: 15 Minutes
Makes: 1 3/4 Cups
• 1 15- to 16-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
• 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
• 3 tablespoons water
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, halved
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and ground,* or 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• Lemon juice (optional)
• Fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. In a food processor combine garbanzo beans, tahini, the water, the 2 tablespoons lemon juice, the oil, garlic, kosher salt, cumin seeds, and cayenne pepper. Cover and process until smooth. Transfer to a medium bowl. Stir in the 1 tablespoon parsley. If desired, stir in additional lemon juice to taste.
2. Garnish with additional parsley. Serve with baked pita chips or vegetable dippers, or use as a spread in a grilled vegetable sandwich.
*Note: To toast seeds, heat a small skillet over medium heat. Add seeds. Cook about 2 minutes or until toasted and aromatic, shaking skillet frequently. Place toasted seeds in a spice grinder and process until finely ground.
Nutrition Facts per 2 tablespoons:
71 cal., 4 g total fat (0 g sat. fat), 0 mg chol.,162mg sodium, 8 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 2 g pro.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.