FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Makes about 2 cups
• 1 tablespoon Cabot Salted Butter
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 3/4 cup mild, medium or hot tomato salsa
• 1/4 cup Cabot Sour Cream
• 8 ounces Cabot Sharp Cheddar, grated (about 2 cups)
• Tortilla chips
• Carrot and celery sticks
1. In saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add flour and stir for about 30 seconds to cook flour.
2. Stir in salsa and cook, stirring, until mixture is simmering. Stir in sour cream.
3. Add cheese and continue stirring until cheese is completely melted and mixture returns to simmer.
4. Transfer to bowl and serve hot, surrounded with chips and veggies.
Calories 145 , Total Fat 10g , Saturated Fat 6g , Sodium 696mg , Carbohydrates 5g , Dietary Fiber <1g , Protein 10g , Calcium 260mg
Recipe & photo courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.