FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
& COOKING CLASSES
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Makes about 32 servings
• 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, drained
• 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 cup diced fresh tomato
• 1 cup mild picante or taco sauce
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• Cooking Spray
• 4 ounces grated Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Jalapeno Cheddar or Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Cheddar, divided
• 1 cup fat-free sour cream
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• Garnish: cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Place beans in large bowl; partially mash until chunky. Set aside.
3. In large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until onion is tender. Add tomato, picante or taco sauce, cumin, chili powder and reserved beans; cook, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
4. Coat 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Spread half of bean mixture in pie plate, and sprinkle with half of cheese. Top with remaining bean mixture, spreading evenly to cover cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Uncover and let stand for 10 minutes. Spread sour cream evenly over bean mixture, then sprinkle with remaining cheese and cilantro. Garnish with cherry tomatoes. Serve warm with baked tortilla chips.
Calories 62 , Total Fat 3g , Saturated Fat 2g , Sodium 208mg , Carbohydrates 6g , Dietary Fiber 2g , Protein 4g , Calcium 68mg
Recipe courtesy of Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.