CARDAMOM DUSTED LAMB CHOPS WITH RICH VANILLA SAUCE
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Marinate: 2 hours
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Makes 8 appetizer servings.
• 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Cardamom
• 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Ground Cumin
• 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Saigon Cinnamon
• 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection®Ground Ginger
• 8 loin lamb chops (1 to 1 1/2-inch thick)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
• 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Sicilian Sea Salt
• 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
• 3 tablespoons butter, divided
• 2 cups sliced mixed shitake and cremini (baby bella) mushrooms
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 1 cup chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons heavy cream
• 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Organic Pure Madagascar Vanilla Extract
1. Mix sugar, cardamom, cumin, cinnamon and ginger in small bowl. Brush lamb chops with oil. Coat with garlic, then spice mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. For Vanilla Sauce, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from skillet. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet on medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir 2 minutes or until softened. Stir in balsamic vinegar and chicken broth. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced by half and slightly thickened. Stir in cream, vanilla and mushrooms. Simmer until heated through.
3. Meanwhile, season lamb chops with sea salt and pepper. Grill over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes or until desired doneness, turning once. Serve lamb chops with Vanilla Sauce.
Recipe from McCormick® - Spices & Seasonings