PORK CHOPS & SWEET POTATOES
Fix-It And Forget-It Big Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Slow Cooked Pork and Sweet Potatoes Recipe
Vera F. Schmucker; Goshen, IN
Makes: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 4-41/2 Hours
Ideal Slow Cooker Size: 4-Quart
· 4 pork loin chops
· salt and pepper to taste
· 4 sweet potatoes, cut in large chunks
· 2 onions cut in quarters
· ½ cup apple cider
1. Place meat in bottom of slow cooker. Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Arrange sweet potatoes and onions over top of the pork.
3. Pour apple cider over all.
4. Cook on High 30 minutes, and then on Low 3½--4 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender but not dry.