To list your contest for Free, send the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Most of these contests have very good prizes, some up to $1,000,000 in cash for the grand prize winner. If you like to cook, and have a great recipe, why not enter? You just might win!
NOTE: I only list contests involving some ‘skill’ - I do not have the time or space to list all of the “Sweepstakes” type contests in which winners are chosen at random.
Click Here for a list of previous Contests with expired deadlines
ONGOING WEEKLY, MONTHLY, etc. CONTESTS:
- BetterRecipes.com Weekly Recipe Contest
Weekly themed contests with 2 prizes per week: $250 to the recipe chosen by our judges and $250 to the recipe with most votes from the community.
- National Bonnie Plants Third Grade Cabbage Program: FREE to any Third Grade Classroom in the country and teachers can register NOW for the 2014 program. Bonnie Plants will truck 2”cabbage plants to every third grade classroom in the country, in spring, whose teachers register for the program.
CONTESTS WITH DEADLINES
Contests are listed in order, by the Deadline date for entering the contest.
- International Biscuit Festival Biscuit Baking Contest - Deadline: April 21, 2014
The Festival seeks biscuit recipes in four categories: Savory Biscuits, Sweet Biscuits, Special Biscuits, and Student Biscuits (Students must be 18 years of age or under).
All finalists must participate in the Biscuit Baking Contest on May 17, 2014 to be eligible to win a prize.
First place winners in each category will be awarded prizes worth up to $300. Second place winners in each category will be awarded prizes worth up to $200. Third place winners in each category will be awarded prizes worth up to $100. A Grand Prize winner will also be declared.
- Vermont Maple Cooking Contest - Contest: April 24, 2014
Get out your favorite recipes, whip up your tastiest maple foods, and prepare to enter the contests at the 48th Annual Vermont Maple Festival. All entries will be judged by a team of judges on Thursday evening, April 24th, 2014 beginning at 5 p.m.
• Pies/Other Desserts
• Pickles, Preserves, Sauces & Dressings
• Maple, For the Health of it
• Youth (14 & under)
Each dish entered must contain a significant amount of Pure Vermont maple (syrup, sugar or cream). The use of other Vermont products is encouraged.
For complete detail and various Awards see the contest website.
- Who's Cookin' with Door County Coffee? - Deadline: April 30, 2014
Have you ever added coffee to a cookie recipe, ice cream drink or a steak marinade and realized it is the secret to a fantastic dish? We bet many of you have and we would LOVE for you to share your coffee recipe creations with us!!
· One 1st Place Winner will receive 1 year’s worth of coffee (Approx. $400 value)
· Two 2nd Place Winners will receive 6 month’s worth of coffee (Approx. $200 value each)
· Three 3rd Place Winners will receive 3 month’s worth of coffee (Aprx. $100 value each)
· One winner will be randomly chosen from all entries to receive 1 month’s worth of coffee ($50 value)
- 40th Anniversary Reader Recipe Contest - Deadline: April 30, 2014
Vegetarian Times November 2014 issue will mark our 40th Anniversary. We’re asking readers to help us celebrate by entering their best party recipes in our 40th Anniversary Reader Recipe Contest.
To participate in the contest, simply send us your tastiest vegetarian or vegan party recipes in the following categories: Starters and Sides, Entrées, and Desserts. Recipes should call for no more than 10 ingredients (salt, pepper, water, and cooking spray are freebies) and must include at least one product from the sponsors listed on the contest website.
3 first place winners, one in each recipe category, will receive a $500 cash prize.
- Great Garlic Festival Recipe Contest & Cook-off - Deadline: May 1, 2014
Recipes must be original and specify at least six cloves of fresh garlic, or the equivalent packaged form (three teaspoons minced or chopped.)
The most delicious-sounding recipes, approximately 50, are forwarded to a professional food consultant who makes the final selection of the eight recipes. The consultant prepares each recipe to ensure correct measurements and use of ingredients. These finalists’ recipes are those considered to make the most interesting and exciting contest.
The finalists come to Gilroy to prepare their recipes on the Saturday of the festival in front of the public. By 12:15, celebrity judges pick their favorites.
The winner of the Great Garlic Cook-Off is appropriately honored with a crown of garlic and goes home $5,000 richer.
Second place is awarded $2,500; third, $1,000.
The other finalists are given $100.00 each.
- 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest - Deadline: May 8, 2014
· Weekend Breakfast Wows: Savor weekend mornings with these simple rise-and-shine recipes like coffee cakes, pull-apart breads, fluffy egg bakes, flaky pastries, and breakfast casseroles, sandwiches and pizzas.
· Amazing Doable Dinners: Weeknight dinner wins are easy thanks to these reliable recipes. Tried and true family favorites such as pizza, flatbreads, pot pies and hand pies, sandwiches, wraps and casseroles will leave everyone satisfied so you can focus on family time.
See Contest website for complete details.
1 Grand Prize Recipe Winner: $1,000,000 & choice of $10,000 in GE kitchen appliances.
3 Recipe Category Prize Winners: $10,000 & choice of $3,000 in GE kitchen appliances.
1 GE Imagination At Work Award (retail value $5,000)
1 Jif Peanut Butter Award ($5,000)
1 Crisco is Cooking Award ($5,000)
1 Eagle Brand Signature Recipe Award ($5,000)
1Pillsbury Gluten Free Award ($5,000)
1 Pillsbury Clever Twist Award ($5,000)
1 Watkins Vanilla Award ($5,000)
1 Reynolds Baking Magic Award ($5,000)
- 2014 Grilled Cheese Recipe Showdown - Deadline: May 12, 2014
Does your grilled cheese sandwich have the chops to go face to face with the tastiest? Submit your best tasting, best looking grilled cheese sandwich recipe and photo for a chance to win $10,000 !
· Best of Show: $10,000 MasterCard gift card
· First Place: $3,500 MasterCard gift card
· Second Place: $2,500 MasterCard gift card
· 3 Judge’s Choice Winners: $1,000 MasterCard gift card
All winners also receive a Wisconsin Cheese Basket of assorted cheeses (ARV - $100).
All winning recipes will also be included in the 2014 Grilled Cheese Academy Recipe Book
- Rhubarb Dessert Contest - Contest: May 17, 2014
Annual Rhubarb Festival, Intercourse, Pennsylvania.
All entries must be a pie, cake or other dessert and include some form of rhubarb.
There are 3 categories: Rhubarb Pie, Rhubarb Cake & Rhubarb Dessert.
1. Awards of gift certificates will be given for first, 2nd and 3rd place in each category.
2. Best of Show prize earns $250.00 in cash.
3. A “Judge’s Choice” division has been added to the competition. All desserts being submitted will be part of a “Judge’s Choice Appearance” award. Our panel of judges will select the top 5 rhubarb creations based on appearance and then select one winner. The “Judge’s Choice” winner will receive a $50 Good Vibes gift certificate
- DOLE California Cook-Off - Deadline: May 19, 2014
Submit an original small plate recipe that can be prepared in 60 minutes or less on a gas grill (with a burner), uses at least one DOLE Product and up to ten additional ingredients (spices / herbs, water, oil/butter/cooking spray don't count).
The DOLE California Cook-Off winner receives a $25,000 cash prize in addition to 4 days & 3 nights in Santa Monica.
- Sweet Rewards Recipe Contest - Deadline: June 1, 2014
The Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission is once again excited to sponsor a contest in partnership with Louisiana Cookin’ to find the best sweet potato recipes in the country.
This year’s entries can utilize fresh, frozen, or canned sweet potatoes.
We will award 5 category winners, one each in the following categories:
• Fresh Sweet Potatoes
• Canned Sweet Potatoes
• Frozen Sweet Potatoes
• Culinary Student
• Professional Chef
• Each category winner will receive $500.
• A grand prize winner will be selected to receive $1000.
- Maple Leaf Farms Discover Duck Recipe Contest - Deadline: June 6, 2014
Contest for Professional Chefs and Culinary Students
2014 Discover Duck Recipe Contest Theme: "Duck Redefined".
Submit up to three (3) original recipes that showcase Maple Leaf Farms duck in creative new ways for a chance to win one of these great prizes in one of two categories.
• Chef Category Prizes:
· Grand Prize - $10,000
· Four (4) Finalist Prizes - $1,000 each
• Student Category Prizes:
· Grand Prize $2,500 & knife roll, Plus $1,000 worth of duck products to the winner's school
· Four (4) Finalist Prizes: $500 each & knife roll
- Win a Private Food Tour in Manhattan - Deadline: June 30, 2014
Do you know a lot about New York City, are you a trivia fan? If you answered yes to both questions, then you should enter this contest to win a private walking food tour in New York City. Win the big prize and take your friends or family with you.
1st Prize Winner: Private Food Tour for 6 persons
2nd Prize Winner: Private Food Tour for 4 persons
3rd Prize Winner: Private Food Tour for 2 persons
- Bella Sun Luci Recipe Contest - Deadline: July 1, 2014
Create a recipe using at least one (1) Bella Sun Luci Sun Dried Tomato Product.
- American Emu Association Egg Art Contest - July 18, 2014
The contest will be held at the AEA National Convention in Peoria, Illinois on July 18th 2014. All styles of Emu egg art welcome. Open to all artists.
First Place: $300
Second Place: $200
Third Place: $100
- Mad About Mushrooms Recipe Contest - Deadline: January 15, 2015
How fortunate we are to be living in this land of plenty where a fungal feast awaits us when we walk into the woods! You are invited to celebrate our good fortune by creating a recipe which features mushrooms. The type of dish is yours to choose: appetizer, soup, salad/vegetable, main dish, miscellaneous (perhaps even a dessert!). Local mushroomers will prepare and evaluate the recipes, choosing the winners. Contest is open to both amateur and professional cooks.
Prize winning recipe(s) will be determined based on overall flavor and visual appeal.
The grand prize winner will receive a locally made Port Orford Cedar plank and a signed copy of mushroom maestro Jack Czarnecki's lovely book, Portobello, sure to delight any contest winner.
Click Here for a list of previous Contests with expired deadlines