GINGERED PORK AND MELON SALAD
• 1 pound boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 1/2 cup orange juice
• 2 tablespoons grated ginger
• 2 cups melon balls: cantaloupes, watermelon, honeydew or a mixture
• 1 papaya, peeled, seeded and cubed
• 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
• 6 cups mixed salad greens
• 1/2 cup peach yogurt
In medium saucepan combine orange juice and ginger; bring to a simmer and add pork cubes.
Simmer for about 5 minutes, until pork is cooked.
Remove pork and remaining liquid to bowl, refrigerate uncovered to cool slightly, about 5-10 minutes.
In medium bowl gently toss together melon, papaya, Grand Marnier, pork cubes and cooking liquid.
On each of four plates place 1 1/2 cups salad greens.
Serve equal portions pork-melon mixture atop greens, topped with 2 tablespoons yogurt.
Pork poached in ginger and orange juice is the center of this summer dinner salad featuring fruit flavors. Serve with hot French bread.
Calories 310 calories; Protein 28 grams; Fat 9 grams; Sodium 85 milligrams; Cholesterol 70 milligrams; Saturated Fat 3 grams; Carbohydrates 27 grams; Fiber 4 grams
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.
For more information about The Other White Meat, visit TheOtherWhiteMeat.com