CURRIED PORK SALAD
• 1 cooked tenderloin from leftovers, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
• 2 cups cooked rice, room temperature
• 1 11-ounce can mandarin oranges, drained, and reserving 2-3 tablespoons of the juice
• 1/4 cup diced celery
• 1/4 cup chopped green onion
• 1/4 cup raisins
• 1/2 cup plain yogurt
• 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
In large bowl toss together pork, rice, oranges, celery, onion and raisins.
In small bowl, blend reserved juice, yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder and salt.
Pour dressing over salad; toss gently to coat all ingredients.
Place salad in shallow serving bowl, garnish with peanuts.
Leftovers are cubed and given a additional burst of flavor with the curry-fused dressing. Simply serve with toasted pita bread wedges for a lunch or light supper.
Calories 410 calories; Protein 31 grams; Fat 11 grams; Sodium 370 milligrams; Cholesterol 80 milligrams; Saturated Fat 3 grams; Carbohydrates 47 grams
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.
For more information about The Other White Meat, visit TheOtherWhiteMeat.com