FRUITED PORK AND WILD RICE SALAD
• 3 cups cooked pork loin, cut in julienne strips
• 3 cups cooked wild rice, chilled
• 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
• 1/4 cup chopped red onion
• 1 cup cubed fresh pineapple, chilled (or 1 8-oz. can chunks, drained)
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms
• 1 10-oz. package fresh spinach leaves, cleaned and torn
• 1 cup raspberries, cleaned
• 1 mango, peeled and diced
• 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 teaspoons honey
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
In small bowl stir together vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt.
In large bowl toss together pork, rice, walnuts, onion, pineapple and mushrooms; add vinegar mixture and toss to coat evenly.
Arrange spinach on large serving platter; top with pork mixture.
Arrange raspberries and mango on top.
This tangy entrée salad pairs choice fruits—pineapple, raspberries, mango--- with sophisticated wild rice and fresh spinach. Three cups of cooked pork loin is a little over a pound of pork roast—leftovers from a roast would be perfect in this hearty “day two” device.
Calories 440 calories; Protein 29 grams; Fat 22 grams; Sodium 190 milligrams; Cholesterol 50 milligrams; Saturated Fat 3 grams; Carbohydrates 37 grams
Recipe courtesy of National Pork Board.
For more information about The Other White Meat, visit TheOtherWhiteMeat.com