FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings.
• 2 cups grape wood chips
Orange Peel Aioli:
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon orange juice
• 1 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Valencia Orange Peel
• 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Chopped Chives
• 1 pound ground chicken
• 2/3 cup shredded unpeeled Gala or Red Delicious apple
• 1/4 cup chopped red onion
• 3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Crystallized Ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection® Coarse Grind Black Pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 4 rustic artisan rolls OR hearty hamburger rolls, such as mini ciabatta, sesame kaiser or whole wheat rolls, split and toasted
• Field greens or baby lettuce leaves
• 4 slices bacon, cooked (optional)
• Avocado slices (optional)
1. Soak grape wood chips in enough water to cover for 1 hour. For Orange Peel Aioli, mix mayonnaise, orange juice, orange peel and chives in small bowl. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. For Burgers, mix ground chicken, apple, onion, ginger, pepper and salt in large bowl until well blended. (Mixture will be soft.) Shape into 4 patties. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
3. Lightly coat cold grill rack with no-stick cooking spray. Preheat gas grill to medium-high heat (375° to 400°F) for indirect grilling. Drain wood chips. Fill smoker tray with wet chips. Place tray on grill rack directly over lit burner.
4. When grill is hot and chips are smoking, place burgers on grill rack over unlit burner. Cover and grill 20 to 25 minutes or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 165°F), turning once. Serve burgers on toasted rolls with Orange Peel Aioli, field greens, bacon and avocado slices, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tips:
• Grape wood chips are available in hardware, houseware and online specialty stores.
• If you do not have a smoker tray, place drained wood chips in center of 12-inch square piece of heavy duty aluminum foil. Bring up 2 opposite corners; fold down to close, making 2 or 3 tight folds. Fold to close remaining open sides, making 2 or 3 tight folds. Poke several large holes on top to allow smoke to escape. Place foil packet directly on grill rack over lit burner.
Recipe from McCormick® - Spices & Seasonings
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.