FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
• 2 Cups Grilled or Cooked White Turkey, skin removed
• 2/3 Cup white vinegar
• 2/3 Cup ketchup
• 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 Teaspoons black pepper
• 1 Teaspoon hot pepper sauce
• 1/2 Teaspoon salt
• 1/2 Small lemon, cut in 2 sections
• 4 hamburger buns, split horizontally and toasted
1) Cut turkey from bones and cut into strips or cubes.
2) In medium saucepan, over high heat, combine vinegar, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, hot sauce, salt and lemon. Bring mixture to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 30 to 35 minutes.
3) Remove lemon quarters. Fold in turkey and cook 5 to 7 minutes until mixture is heated throughout.
4) To serve, spoon hot barbecue mixture over bottom half of toasted burger buns. Top with other half.
Calories 176; Total Fat 3g; Cholesterol 72mg; Sodium 426mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g; Protein 27g
Recipe by The National Turkey Federation www.eatturkey.com
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.