• 1 Jar (5 ounces) pimiento stuffed olives, drained and chopped
• 1 Can (3-1/4 ounces) pitted black olives, drained and chopped
• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
• 1 Tablespoon capers, drained
• 1-1/2 Teaspoons garlic, minced
• 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 Loaf round Italian bread
• 8 Ounces TURKEY SALAMI SLICES
• 4 Ounces Provolone cheese, thinly sliced
1) In medium-size bowl combine olives, oil, parsley, capers, garlic and oregano.
2) With serrated bread knife, slice bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out each bread half, leaving 3/4-inch outside shell. Reserve removed bread for another use.
3) Spread half the olive mixture over bottom half bread shell, . Evenly arrange 4 ounces turkey salami over olive mixture. Top with cheese and remaining turkey salami.
4) Spread remaining olive mixture in top half bread shell. Carefully invert top bread shell over bottom bread half and press down firmly. Wrap muffuletta in foil. Refrigerate overnight.
5) To serve, cut muffuletta into 8 wedges.
Calories 248; Total Fat 15g; Cholesterol 22mg; Sodium 1008mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g; Protein 11g
Recipe by The National Turkey Federation www.eatturkey.com