TURKEY BREAST PROVENCAL WITH VEGETABLES
Product Type: Bone-In Breast
• 1 Cup TURKEY BROTH or reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1/4 Cup dry white wine
• 1/4 Cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1 Head garlic, cloves separated, unpeeled
• 1 Bag (10 ounces) frozen whole petite onions
• 2 Teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
• 1 Teaspoon dried thyme leaves
• 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 Teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
• 1/4 Teaspoon black pepper
• 6 plum tomatoes, quartered
• 1 Box (9 ounces) frozen or fresh artichoke hearts, slightly thawed
• 10 ounces frozen or fresh asparagus spears, slightly thawed
• 1 Can (3¼- ounces) pitted black olives, drained
• As needed olive oil, salt and black pepper
• 1 4½ pounds BONE-IN TURKEY BREAST
1) In 9-X 13-inch baking pan combine broth, wine, lemon juice, garlic, onions, rosemary, thyme, salt, fennel seeds and pepper. Cover pan with foil. Heat 20 minutes in a preheated 325 degree F oven.
2) Remove pan from oven. Add tomatoes, artichoke hearts, asparagus and olives in a pile in the center of the pan.
3) Rub turkey breast with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place turkey breast, breast side up, on top of vegetables. Float foil over top of turkey and roast 1 hour. Remove foil and roast an additional 1 hour or until food thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast registers 170 degrees F. Baste turkey and vegetables frequently with pan juices.
4) Remove turkey and vegetables to a serving platter. Reserve 6 cloves of garlic and pan juices.
5) Remove any skin from reserved garlic. Combine garlic with pan juices in food processor bowl, fitted with metal blade. Process 30 to 60 seconds until mixture is smooth. Reheat sauce to a simmer.
6) To serve, pass sauce to pour over turkey and vegetables.
Calories 289; Total Fat 12g; Cholesterol 100mg; Sodium 349mg; Total Carbohydrate 9g; Protein 36g
Recipe by The National Turkey Federation www.eatturkey.com