STEAK TARTARE RECIPE
The Silver Spoon, Phaidon Press
• 4 cups lean ground steak
• 4 egg yolks
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
• 2 tablespoons fesh flat-leaf parsley, chopped,
• 2 canned anchovy fillets in oil, drained and chopped
• mild or medium French mustard (optional)
• olive oil and lemon wedges, to serve
Divide the steak among four dishes, shaping each portion into a mound.
Make a shallow well in the center of each mound and pour in a raw egg yolk.
Surround the meat each mound with onion, capers, parsley and anchovies.
Serve with olive oil and lemon wedges.
Each guest may season the meat to taste and can mix in the surrounding ingredients using a fork.
If you like, a little mustard may be used to spice up the dish.