FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Old Farmer's Almanac Everyday Cookbook
by Old Farmer's Almanac
2nd Prize: 1996 Old Farmer's Almanac Recipe Contest: "Salads"
Roxanne E. Chan, Albany, California
Makes 6 servings.
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 6 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
• 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
• 1 large clove garlic, pressed
• 1 tablespoon currants
• 1 tablespoon diced red onion
• 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
• 3 bunches watercress, coarse stems removed, torn into bite-size pieces
• 1 head radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces
• 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 6 medium red potatoes, cooked, each cut into 6 wedges
• 2 red apples, cored and sliced
• 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled, for topping
• 1/4 cup sliced almonds, for topping
• lemon (wish, for garnish (optional)
Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
Combine the watercress, radicchio, and parsley with half of the dressing.
Arrange the greens on six salad plates.
In a large bowl, toss the potatoes and apples with the rest of the dressing.
Mound a portion of the potato mixture on the greens, and top with the bacon and almonds.
Garnish with lemon twists, if desired.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.