LITTLE HAVANA GRILLED BEEF POTATO SALAD
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
• 1 beef top round steak, cut 1 inch thick (about 1-1/2 pounds)
• 2 pounds medium unpeeled potatoes (about 2-1/2-inch diameter), such as yellow flesh or round reds
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• Salt and pepper
• 3/4 cup prepared white wine vinaigrette
• 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed, drained
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Cut potatoes crosswise in half; place in microwave-safe dish with 1 cup water. Cover and microwave on HIGH 10 to 14 minutes or until almost tender, rearranging once. Immediately rinse under cold running water; drain well.
2. Meanwhile combine cumin and salt and pepper; press evenly onto beef steak. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 16 to 18 minutes for medium rare doneness, turning occasionally. Remove; let stand 5 minutes.
3. About 5 minutes before steak is done, brush potatoes with some of the vinaigrette. Place on grid around steak. Grill 5 to 7 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally.
4. Carve steak into thin slices. Combine beef, potatoes, beans, cilantro and remaining vinaigrette in large bowl; toss gently. Serve immediately.
This recipe is courtesy of www.potatohelp.com the website of the U.S. Potato Board