FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
A healthful, affordable recipe.
This salad is best served warm, but it's also fine chilled. So you can make it in advance, and refrigerate, covered, until dinner.
• 1 pound small, new (red) potatoes, quartered or halved
• 8 ounces (1/2 lb) small green beans, stemmed
• 2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
• 2 green onions (scallions), trimmed and minced
• 2 Tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
• 3 small (ripe) tomatoes, cored
• 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley or basil (or 2 tsp dried)
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 3 Tbsp chicken stock
1. In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the potatoes until just-tender, about 15-20 minutes. Cook the green beans in a separate pan of boiling water, until just crisp-tender, about 10-15 minutes. While they cook, mince the green onions (scallions) finely.
2. Drain potatoes and beans and place them both in a large bowl. Add the pepper, minced green onion, and olive oil. Gently toss the vegetables (they absorb more scallion and olive-oil flavors if they are still hot). Set aside to cool.
3. Just before serving, add tomato pieces, chopped herbs, vinegar, chicken stock. Again gently toss before serving.
Nutrients per serving: 1 cup
Calories 139; Saturated Fat 0.7 g; Iron 1.4 mg; Protein 3 g; Cholesterol 0 mg; Calcium 32 mg; Carbohydrate 23 g; Vitamin A 72 RE; Sodium 22 mg; Total Fat 5.0 g; Vitamin C 28 mg; Dietary Fiber 4 g
USDA Food & Nutrition Services - Team Nutrition: Food, Family & Fun
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.