LIVING IT UP POTATO SALAD
Gary Null's Power Foods: The 15 Best Foods for Your Health
by Gary Null Ph.D.
Makes 4 Servings.
• 6 potatoes (a variety for color, taste, and texture: sweet, blue, russet, red, and yellow)
• 1/3 cup crunchy sprouts
• 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1/6 cup balsamic vinegar
• 2 Tablespoons cup tamari or wheat-free soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons cayenne
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• salt and pepper, to taste
1. Bake potatoes at 400°F for 30-40 minutes, or until soft (insert fork to see how easily it goes through potatoes). Allow potatoes to cool completely.
2. Cut potatoes into large chunks, approximately 6-8 chunks per potato. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add sprouts and parsley.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, tamari or soy sauce, cayenne, cumin, salt, and pepper.
4. Drizzle dressing over potato salad and mix well.
5. Serve cooled.