FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Provides 1 1/2 vegetable servings per person
Soba noodles are made with buckwheat and can be found either with other pasta products or with other Asian foods at your grocery store.
• 8 ounces or 1/2 pound of dry soba noodles or fettuccine
• 1 package frozen broccoli florets, steamed and cooled (3 cups)
• 1 cup thawed peas
• 6 green onions, trimmed and cut in 1/4 inch slices (1/2 cup)
3 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons grated or finely chopped ginger root
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. Cook the noodles until tender but still firm. Drain and cool quickly in cold water then drain again. Combine the noodles with the broccoli, peas, and green onions.
2. Stir together the lime juice, vinegar, oil, low-sodium soy sauce, and ginger. Pour over the noodles and vegetables and toss to mix thoroughly. Top with sesame seeds.
3. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
6 g fat
24% calories from fat
1 g saturated fat
4% calories from saturated fat
40 g carbohydrates
444 mg sodium
6 g dietary fiber
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.