FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Makes 6 main course or 12 side dish servings
• 2 cups rotini, penne or other dry pasta
• 2 cups broccoli florets
• 1 1/2 cups Cabot 75% Reduced Fat Cheddar, cut into small cubes
• 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 1 green and/or red bell pepper, chopped
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
• 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta until al dente; add broccoli during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain in colander, rinse under cool water and drain again. Transfer to large bowl and add cheese, tomatoes, peppers and green onions.
2. In small screw-top jar, combine vinegar, basil, oil, salt and pepper; shake well to mix. Pour over pasta mixture, stirring gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until serving time.
Calories 251 , Total Fat 14g , Saturated Fat 7g , Sodium 413mg , Carbohydrates 14g , Dietary Fiber 1g , Protein 19g , Calcium 420mg
Recipe from Cabot Creamery Cooperative
Recipe adapted by Chef Bradley Koehler of New England Culinary Institute
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.