FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Fix-it And Enjoy-it Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Makes 4-6 servings
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 4 minutes per batch
• 2 heaping cups flour
• 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 tsp. nutmeg
• 3 eggs, beaten
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup milk
• 3/4 cup oil
• 1 tsp. vanilla
• 1 1/4 cups canned pumpkin
• 1 cup coconut, optional
1. Whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
2. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, milk, oil, vanilla, and pumpkin.
3. Add dry ingredients and coconut to pumpkin mixture, stirring just until moistened. A few lumps are okay.
4. Preheat oven to Warm (150-200°). Preheat large skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat.
5. Pour desired amount of batter onto hot griddle and turn heat down to medium. Cook until edges are dry and pancake is bubbly. Flip over and cook 1-2 minutes more.
6. Place pancake in warm oven* and continue making remaining pancakes.
*This keeps the pancakes warm, but will not dry them out, unless you forget they're there!)
7. Serve hot with maple syrup, vanilla yogurt, and/or toasted pecans.
1. Use half-whole wheat flour; half all-purpose flour.
2. Use 1/2 cup brown sugar; 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
Stacy Schmucker Stoltzfus, Enola, PA
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.