FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
We’ve been intrigued by gingerbread pancakes for some time. We checked out several recipes, did a little experimenting, and this is the recipe that we ended up with. These pancakes work fine with maple syrup but our favorite is our blueberry syrup.
Prepared Pantry - Dedicated to helping you bake with time-saving baking mixes, quality tools, hard-to-find ingredients, and some of the best baking information on the web. CLICK HERE for FREE Book How To Bake
Gingerbread Pancakes Recipe
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 teaspoons ground ginger
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1/3 cup molasses crystals
• 2 large eggs
• 1 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 1 cup milk (plus more as needed for the right consistency—about 1 1/2 cups)
Note: Instead of molasses crystals, you may use liquid molasses. Do not use blackstrap or other strong-tasting molasses.
1. In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices until well-dispersed.
2. In a large bowl, mix the molasses, eggs, sour cream, melted butter, and milk. Let the mixture sit for a minute to soften the molasses crystals and then stir until they are dissolved.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until the two are just combined, adding more milk if needed. Some lumps will remain.
4. Cook on a very hot griddle.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.