FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
This is a traditional Dutch pannekoeken with ingredients added. You can use this as a template for other pannekoeken recipes.
Prepared Pantry - Dedicated to helping you bake with time-saving baking mixes, quality tools, hard-to-find ingredients, and some of the best baking information on the web. CLICK HERE for FREE Book How To Bake
• 6 ounces of bacon fried crisply
• 1 apple, peeled and cored
• 1/2 red bell pepper (optional)
• 1/4 cup butter
• 3 large eggs
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup milk
• 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Snip the bacon into 3/4-inch pieces. Slice the apple thinly. Dice the red pepper and steam it in the microwave for a minute to make the dices-crisp-tender.
2. Place the butter in a Dutch Baby pan or an ovenproof skillet with rounded sides.
3. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Put the rack in the center, not the top, shelf. When you turn the oven on, place the pan with the butter in the oven. When the oven reaches 250 degrees the butter should be melted. Remove the pan from the oven.
4. Whisk the eggs and the salt in a medium bowl. Add the milk. Whisk in the flour until nearly smooth. Your batter is now ready.
5. Pour the batter into the pan. Sprinkle the toppings over the batter.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top starts to turn golden brown. Serve hot with maple syrup.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.