FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Fix-it And Enjoy-it Cookbook
by Phyllis Pellman Good
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
Chilling Time: 4 hours
• 16-oz. can diced beets, drained, juice reserved
• 3-oz. pkg. lemon gelatin
• 2/3 cup orange juice
• 1 tsp. grated onion
• 2-3 tsp. grated horseradish, depending upon how much zip you like
• 1 tsp. vinegar
• 1 tsp. salt
• 2/3 cup chopped celery
1. Drain beets, reserving juice.
2. Pour beet juice into a 1-cup measure. Fill to the top with water. Pour into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil.
3. Dissolve gelatin in boiling beet juice. Stir in orange juice, onion, horseradish, vinegar, and salt. Mix well.
4. Chill beet-gelatin mixture until slightly thickened.
5. Stir in beets and celery. Pour into mold.
6. Chill until firm. Unmold on a serving plate.
Dorothy Lingerfelt, Stonyford, CA
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.