SPICY TURKEY CUTLETS IN PEACH COULIS
• 1 Can (16 ounces) cling peach slices in syrup, or fresh sliced peaches
• 1 Tablespoon dried minced onion
• 2 Tablespoons ground coriander
• 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/4 Cup margarine, divided
• 1 Teaspoon ginger, divided
• 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon, divided
• 1/2 Teaspoon cloves, divided
• 2 Pounds TURKEY BREAST CUTLETS, divided
• 1 Teaspoon salt, divided
• 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 Cup shredded coconut
1) Reserve 4 peach slices and cut in half lengthwise; set aside. In food processor fitted with metal blade, combine remaining peaches in syrup, onion, coriander, cumin, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and process until mixture is smooth; reserve.
2) In large non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons margarine. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon ginger and 1/4 teaspoon each cinnamon and cloves. Saute 30 seconds.
3) Sprinkle 1/2 of turkey cutlets with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add cutlets to skillet and saute 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until turkey is no longer pink. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining margarine, spices, cutlets and salt. Remove and keep warm.
4) Add peach mixture to skillet and cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened. Add lemon juice and stir thoroughly.
5) To serve, spoon 2 tablespoons peach sauce/coulis on each plate. Top with turkey cutlets. Garnish with peach slice and 1 tablespoon coconut per serving.
Calories 245; Total Fat 8g; Cholesterol 70mg; Sodium 414mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g; Protein 28g
Recipe by The National Turkey Federation www.eatturkey.com