FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Omaha Steaks Great American Grilling Book
This is a terrific marinade for all types of beef, game, duck, and even chicken.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Makes about 3 cups
• 2 cups fruity red wine (such as Zinfandel)
• 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
• 8 cloves
• 8 allspice berries
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
• 1 onion, sliced
• 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
• Dried red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Combine the wine with the balsamic and red wine vinegars in a small nonreactive container. Add the cloves, allspice berries, garlic, onion, cracked pepper, and the red pepper flakes, if using. Stir to blend.
2. Place the item to be marinated in a shallow glass baking dish. Pour the marinade over the top, cover, and refrigerate, turning occasionally, at least 1 hour or longer, depending upon the type of meat used. If not using immediately, cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. Lighter meats should be marinated only an hour or so; rich meats, such as game, can stand in the marinade up to 12 hours.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.