FoodReference.com (Since 1999)
Recipe Section - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food Trivia | Today in Food History | Food Timeline | RECIPES | Cooking_Tips | Food_Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s Who | Culinary Schools & Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
You can make and bake these zesty wings up to 24 hours ahead. Cover with foil and refrigerate. To reheat, place the covered pan in the oven at 350°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until the wings are heated through.
Prep: 25 min - Chill: 1 hr - Bake: 50 min
• 20 chicken wings (about 4 lb)
• 1/4 cup dry sherry*
• 1/4 cup oyster sauce**
• 1/4 cup honey
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tablespoons chili sauce
• 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
• 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1. Cut each chicken wing at joints to make 3 pieces; discard tip. Cut off and discard excess skin.
2. In resealable heavy-duty plastic food-storage bag or large glass bowl, stir remaining ingredients until well mixed. Add chicken to marinade. Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours, turning once.
3. Heat oven to 375°F. Place chicken in ungreased 15 X 10 X 1-inch pan.
Bake uncovered 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Bake about 20 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180°F).
* 1/4 cup chicken broth can be substituted for the sherry.
** 2 tablespoons soy sauce can be substituted for the oyster sauce.
1 APPETIZER: Cal 60 (Cal. From Fat 25); Fat 3g (Sat. Fat 1g); Chol 15mg; Sodium 70mg; Carbs 2g (Fiber 0g); Pro. 5g
% DAILY VALUE: Vit. A 0%; Vit. C 0%; Calc. 0%; Iron 2%
EXCHANGES: 1/2 High-Fat Meat
CARB. CHOICES: 0
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright.
Please take the time to request permission.