SPICY THAI CHICKEN WINGS
You can make and bake these zesty wings up to 24 hours ahead. Cover with foil and refrigerate. To reheat, place the covered pan in the oven at 350°F. for 20 to 25 minutes or until the wings are heated through.
Prep: 25 min - Chill: 1 hr - Bake: 50 min
• 20 chicken wings (about 4 lb)
• 1/4 cup dry sherry*
• 1/4 cup oyster sauce**
• 1/4 cup honey
• 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 2 tablespoons chili sauce
• 2 tablespoons grated lime peel
• 4 medium green onions, chopped (1/4 cup)
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1. Cut each chicken wing at joints to make 3 pieces; discard tip. Cut off and discard excess skin.
2. In resealable heavy-duty plastic food-storage bag or large glass bowl, stir remaining ingredients until well mixed. Add chicken to marinade. Seal bag; turn to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour but no longer than 24 hours, turning once.
3. Heat oven to 375°F. Place chicken in ungreased 15 X 10 X 1-inch pan.
Bake uncovered 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Bake about 20 minutes longer or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (180°F).
* 1/4 cup chicken broth can be substituted for the sherry.
** 2 tablespoons soy sauce can be substituted for the oyster sauce.
1 APPETIZER: Cal 60 (Cal. From Fat 25); Fat 3g (Sat. Fat 1g); Chol 15mg; Sodium 70mg; Carbs 2g (Fiber 0g); Pro. 5g
% DAILY VALUE: Vit. A 0%; Vit. C 0%; Calc. 0%; Iron 2%
EXCHANGES: 1/2 High-Fat Meat
CARB. CHOICES: 0