SESAME CHICKEN WINGS
Old Farmer's Almanac Everyday Cookbook
by Old Farmer's Almanac
Makes 36 pieces.
• 36 chicken drumettes (bottom part of chicken wing)
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 piece (1 inch) fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
• 1 onion, coarsely chopped
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 teaspoons ground coriander
• 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 1/2 cup sesame seeds, divided
Rinse the chicken drumettes and pat them dry with paper towels.
Combine the rest of the ingredients, except the sesame seeds, in a blender and puree.
Put the drumettes in a gallon-size zipper-seal plastic bag and add the puree, coating them well. Seal the bag. Marinate the drumettes in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, turning the bag over periodically.
Preset the oven to broil.
Arrange the drumettes on a broiler pan with a rack and sprinkle with half of the sesame seeds. Discard the marinade.
Place the pan under the broiler for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove and turn over the drumettes. Sprinkle them with the remaining sesame seeds and broil for 5 to 6 minutes more.