FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
Vegan Soul Kitchen
by Bryant Terry
This sweet ketchup is a tastier version of store-bought ketchup without all the additives and preservatives.
Yield: about 2½ cups
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 cup diced red onion
• 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 8-ounce can chopped tomatoes
• 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 2 teaspoons taman
• 3 ripe plums, peeled, pit removed, and chopped
• 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed
• lemon Juice
• Coarse sea salt
• Freshly ground white pepper
• In a large saute pan over medium heat, combine the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and paprika Saute for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often, until the vegetables begin to caramelize Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes Add the tomatoes, agave, vinegar, and taman Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickening, about 15 minutes Remove from the heat Stir in the plums and lemon juice and set aside to cool
• Transfer the ketchup to an upright blender and puree until smooth Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.