FoodReference.com (since 1999)
RECIPE SECTION - Over 10,000 Recipes
Home | Articles | Food_Trivia | Today_in_Food_History | Food_Timeline | Recipes | Cooking_Tips | Videos | Food_Quotes | Who’s_Who | Culinary_Schools_& Tours | Food_Trivia_Quizzes | Food Poems | Free_Magazines | Food Festivals & Events
You are here > Home >
and other Publications
An extensive selection of free food, beverage & agricultural magazines, e-books, etc.
Culinary Schools & Cooking Classes
From Amateur & Basic Cooking Classes to Professional Chef Training & Degrees
More than 1,000 schools & classes listed for all 50 States, Online and Worldwide
See also listings on page 1 of cold sauce under CATSUP
The Wild Vegetarian Cookbook by Steve Brill
Making your own ketchup is fun and easy.
Makes 3 Cups
• Four 6-ounce cans tomato paste
• 1 cup apple juice
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, or to taste
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano, finely crumbled
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cumin seeds
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper (1/4 teaspoon peppercorns), or to taste
• 2 teaspoons freshly ground mustard seeds (1 teaspoon seeds)
• 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped wild garlic bulb or 1 clove regular garlic, crushed
• 1/2 teaspoon Vege-Sal or 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or dash of cayenne pepper, or to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia or 1 tablespoon vegetable glycerin, honey, barley malt, or rice syrup
In a medium-size saucepan over medium heat, bring all the ingredients to a boil, stirring often.
Reduce the heat to low and simmer the mixture, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring often.
Adjust the vinegar, Vege-Sal, and Tabasco sauce to taste.
Homemade Ketchup will keep, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for 2 weeks.
Please feel free to link to any pages of FoodReference.com from your website.
For permission to use any of this content please E-mail: [email protected]
All contents are copyright © 1990 - 2020 James T. Ehler and www.FoodReference.com unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. You may copy and use portions of this website for non-commercial, personal use only.
Any other use of these materials without prior written authorization is not very nice and violates the copyright. Please take the time to request permission.